Saturday, November 6, 2010

Distance From Hoop To Foul Line

the cameras

few comments about the news I just finished for the call launched by the publishing texts Voy'el: "Under the eye of the cameras."

As usual, I wrote very slowly. But this new point, I also encountered a big problem being drafted. A problem that blocked me several days. How about a violent society when it has under the eyes?
Yes, because the text depicts for students and staff of Justice (a special kind of police) and that when I was writing, students and police clashed really .
In my original idea it was to show that justice can not be "mechanical", that is to say we can not leave the responsibility to judge the technology.
Because this ruling so-called objective of the machine, in reality, only works on parameters provided to it by man.
My main character, Kamal, was to be faced with this pseudo-justice supposedly infallible but actually blind, and try to hear his testimony.
And being written protests were held on high school girls, especially violent in Lyon, where I live, involving a reading of the text that I had not anticipated: Kamal could be seen as a high school student who takes the police provocations , penned and filmed under the dome as were hundreds of protesters on the Place Bellecour October 21.
I must confess that I could continue writing this text as a subterfuge of Last minute. Officers of Justice, which initially were men, are then became droids. This diminishing the possible comparison with the contemporary law enforcement. I could continue to write without feeling call to violence.

Anyway, this new-there was painful to write. If I had not chosen a peaceful revolt Kamal, I do not know if I would come to end.
Moreover, beta-reading I received on Cocyclics noted other points in connection with this pain. I will come back probably in another post ...



0 comments:

Post a Comment