Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sample Use Of Church Letter

In writing dialogue (1)

ago remarks, sometimes, that open doors.
I was talking about Kira (the mare), who taught me to make meaningful designation characters.
I could talk about the Miscegenation (still on the mare), who taught me to consider the "depth of field" of a new one.
I speak today about Beorn (where else?).

- End of Preamble -

imaginary dialogue 1:

- Do you like spinach?
- No, I prefer lentils.
- You eat often?
- At least once a week.

The main problem of this dialogue is obviously its flatness (the reason for this: the issues are linked to their responses).
The second problem (but related) is that we do not feel the implied. Who are the characters speak? What is their relationship? What is at stake in this dialogue?

See if the dialog No. 2 can answer this question ...

Fictional dialogue 2:

- Do you like spinach?
- Lentils also provide iron, I prefer.
- You must eat at least once a week.
- sometimes I eat more, I do not understand why I am anemic.

By refusing the character can respond yes or no, it is necessary to extract the implicit sentence (here, the choice was the common point between the spinach and lentils) . Suddenly, the second question becomes an order. And the other party, then, is reduced to be justified.
result, we identified the implicit dialogue! Anemia as an element justifying the exchange, the dominant position of one who asks the first question, which actually wants to advise the caller.

---------
maybe I'll write another post on dialogue. Because yes it is better to intersperse the narrative breaks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment